Upcoming Summer Events
Lake Junaluska Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J32RY7Z
- June 15th-20th
- $350 for the week- non-refundable deposit of $100
- THEME: KAIROS: YOUR MOMENT OF OPPORTUNITY
- Speaker: Andy Lambert
- Each of these youth events offers morning and evening sessions with high energy worship, guest preachers and workshops! Events are led by a team of college students, guest speakers, and worship bands. The program is geared towards 6th through 12th
- Afternoons are free for groups to plan rafting trips, do mission work or enjoy the swimming pool or boats at Lake Junaluska.
Sign up for the Braves game: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KTLBXRJ
- Sunday, June 2. Tigers @ Bravos!
- $10 per ticket
- June 3-6
- Let us know if you would like to help, transportation to camp will be provided each day!
Apalachicola Beach Trip/Hurricane Relief
Apalachicola Mission Beach Trip Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J3DMMWD
- July 7th-13th
- $150 for the week- non-refundable deposit of $50
- BEACH TRIPS ARE BACK! (with a service twist)
- We are excited to announce that we are traveling to Apalachicola during the month of July to help our neighbors who are still working through the aftermath of the hurricanes last year.
- We will spend several days working with the community on hurricane relief efforts, and we will also have a few days of fun and relaxation on the beach!
Sign up for Six Flags: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KM8X5PJ
- Sunday, August 4th
- We will depart right after church that day.
LIFE-SIZED SUMMER EVENTS @ FUMC
- Sunday, June 9th- Fruit Ninja
- Sunday, June 30th- Hungry Hungry Hippos
- Wednesday, July 17- GIANT Game night (Jenga, 9 Square in the Air, Messy Twister)
- Wednesday, July 31- Arcade Night (Human Pac-Man & Galaga)
Sunday School: Youth Sunday school classes meet from 10:00 am – 10:45 am on the 2nd floor of the Methodist Ministries Center in the Youth Worship Center. These classes are geared toward spiritual growth, with a focus on helping students to better understand the many stories, figures, and events found in the biblical text.
Sunday Night LIVE: Select Sunday nights throughout the year our youth gather to have a night of fun and fellowship in the Methodist Ministries Center. The night consists of dinner, games, worship, and a lesson. Students meet from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm — FREE DINNER! All high school and middle school students are welcome to join in!
Wednesday Night Activities
Hang Time: Our high school and middle school lounges open for Hang Time every Wednesday at 4:00 pm. Hang Time is a time for students to relax and socialize with their friends and classmates. Students can play video games, catch up on homework, or spend time chatting.
Wednesday Night Dinner: Dinner starts at 5:00 pm in the gym area of the Methodist Ministries Center. The menu changes weekly and the cost is $3.00.
Small Groups: Youth small groups meet every Wednesday night in various rooms of the Ministry Ministry Center from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm. These intimate gatherings are meant to offer students a grow and connect with each other. Groups are divided up based on gender and grade levels. Groups are led adult volunteers with a passion for ministry and who care deeply for our youth.
Ways to Stay Informed
We understand that students and parents have busy schedules. That is why we have a variety of ways for you to stay up-to-date on all the things that are going on with our youth.
Remind Text Updates
Send a text to 81010 with either the mid-high or senior high class code entered in the body of the message. Class codes are listed below.
Mid-High – @midhighlg
Sr. High – @srhighlg
We hope you will apply for the Richard Linch Scholarship.
Scholarship Link — Richard Linch Scholarship Application
The qualifications are as follows:
- Complete application with essay and transcript by the last Sunday in March.
- Be an active participant in both church and youth activities.
- Have one letter of recommendation.
- Enroll in an accredited college either for summer or fall classes for the upcoming school year.
- Participate in a short interview the second week of April.
Please return your completed application to CJ Lord.
For all other questions or concerns please email CJ Lord at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-884-4635 ext. 215 to reach CJ.